Friday 13th March
Next week we are expecting a delivery of eggs from the farmer.
- Research the life cycle of a chicken. Write some words/sentences to show what they have learnt. This can be shared with the rest of the class. Encourage your child to use their phonic knowledge to help them spell words, reminding them to leave finger spaces etc.
Expressive arts & design:
- Learn a poem/song about chicks
- Create a model of a chick/chicken using recyclable materials found in your home
We look forward to seeing your Tapestry observations.
Reception Home Learning 6th March 2020
Understanding the World & Literacy:
As next week is Science Week, please could you carry out an experiment with your child and upload videos/photos to Tapestry as evidence. There are some ideas on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McVpXiSttnU
Encourage your child to write down what equipment they used and what happened.
Maths: We have been practising ordering numbers this week.
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering (choose the level your child is working at)
Friday 28th February
Reception Holiday Home learning – February 2020
Next half term we will be focusing on single use plastics and trying to become change makers in our local environment. For this to be a success, we need YOUR help!
We would like the children to learn about the ocean and will spend the first few weeks exploring books about sea animals affected by plastic.
We look forward to seeing lots of videos/photos on Tapestry and the finished products when they are brought into school on Monday 24th February!
Have a happy safe holiday!
– Reception team
Home Learning Friday 7th February
- Recap on 2d shapes. Can your child name shapes and describe how many sides they have?
3d shapes: Create a table/bar chart showing how many cubes, cuboids, cones, pyramids and spheres you found in your home.
- Discuss different feelings with your child. What makes them happy/sad/angry etc? What can they do to calm down? Create a poster about feelings and bring it into school. https://www.do2learn.com/games/feelingsgame
Friday 31st January
Reminder - we are still collecting all types of plastic bottles!
Home learning - Friday 24th January 2020
Explore ‘capacity’ at home. Find 3 containers of different sizes and test which holds the most/least water. Put the containers in order from smallest capacity to largest capacity. Does a tall thin container hold the same amount of liquid as a wide short container?
Literacy/ Understanding the world:
Make a poster of some ‘solids’ and ‘liquids’ you find in your home – draw the pictures and use your phonic knowledge to label each object you draw. Bring this in on Monday so we can discuss your ideas in class.
Friday 17th January 2020
Next week we will be exploring how to change sounds. Try some of the activities below to develop your child's understanding of 'sound'.
* Go on a sound hunt. Listen for different sounds in your home and write a list/draw pictures of objects which make sounds
* Make an instrument from junk at home and bring it in to show your friends
* Practise numbers 0-15. Can your child count forwards/backwards and arrange the numbers in order?
Please add evidence to Tapestry.
Fri 10th Jan 2020 : Reception home learning
Next week we will be 'change makers' by exploring what happens when you mix colours together. Please put your evidence on Tapestry.
Can your child identify red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, pink, white and black coloured items around your home? Explore this book with your child https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLxFNtNZa4E . Try and mix some colours together and see what happens!
We will be exploring patterns so try to create a repeated colour pattern using objects in your home or use the online game: http://resources.hwb.wales.gov.uk/VTC/simple_patterns/eng/Introduction/MainSession.htm