Essential Guide to Starting School - Applying for Reception 2022
Firstly, we would like to say hello to all of our new families and those families who may be returning with their younger children.
Your child will start primary school in September 2022, if they were born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018. To apply to a school place you will need to complete an application form.
Children moving to the UK
To apply for a primary school place for September 2022 please read the information below.
- The application opens on 1 September 2021
- The closing date to submit your application is 15 January 2022
- You can choose up to six schools for your child to attend - see your nearest primary schools on a map
- You can see how primary school places were allocated in previous years
- If you do not pay Council Tax in Harrow you will need to provide documents to confirm your address
Any applications submitted after 15 January 2022 will be considered late and will be processed in April 2022.
You can read further information on how to apply for a primary school place and details of school admission arrangements for each school in our guide to primary schools 2022-23.
If you live in a borough outside of Harrow you will need to make an application with your local council.
Applying for a faith school
If you are applying for a faith school/academy, and would like to apply as a faith applicant you will need to fill in a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and return it directly to the school before the closing date. For some schools you will also need to complete a Priest Reference form for more information see the school admission arrangements page.
Below are some important dates for primary school applications.
|1 September 2021||Application for primary school opens|
|15 January 2022||Closing date for applications|
|19 April 2021||Receive outcome of application|