Vision and Values
Belmont School's Vision
Development of the whole school learning community that promotes personalised and independent learning throughout the learning journey for pupils and adults. Pupil voice informs all school development priorities – every child, every day make us Stronger Together.
At Belmont, we provide a values-based curriculum. This means that we teach a set of values to our pupils that help them develop the skills to achieve their goals and become good citizens in the future.
What are Values?
Values are the things we believe in, such as kindness, equality and respect, that help us to make decisions about how to behave. They are a set of tools that we carry with us all our lives that guide our actions
Every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school.
Our core values are:
- Show respect
- Make the right choice
- Do your best
Show Respect -
- The recognition that everyone is important and special.
- Consideration for the feelings, rights and wishes of others.
- A feeling of admiration for others because of their good qualities, actions or achievements.
We show respect by:
- listening to others
- valuing others people’s ideas and advice
- looking after property and the environment at home and at school
- thinking before we speak
- treating others how we wish to be treated
- being polite – saying please and thank you
- Showing courtesy by helping others
Make the right choice -
- A positive relationship between people who care about each other.
- A feeling of happiness as a result of spending time in the company of others
- A sense of success when we learn from our mistakes
We make the right choice by:
- Helping others
- Giving good and helpful advice
- Being kind and thoughtful
- Saying kind things
- Thinking about how our actions and words can affect others
- Showing support to someone experiencing difficulties
- Showing forgiveness
Do our best -
- Promoting ambition to achieve excellence.
- Motivation to be the best we can be.
We do our best by:
- Believing in ourselves and having an “I can” attitude
- Aiming high
- Showing perseverance in working towards our goals
- Not limiting ourselves